Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting into the Christmas Spirit!



The holidays are coming! Yay!! I know I need one!


It has been a rollacoaster year and some R&R is well deserved!
For some out there, Christmas is a lonely and difficult time and I think we should all do our part to help our fellow Australians in a period that should be a happy time. For the last two weeks, Santa came to Balmain and sat his chair at Loyalty Square for photos. Myself and the team at Sarah Lorden helped by becoming honorary elves for the day, giving out candy canes and collecting food and money for the Salvation Army. It was a great day where the kind citizens of Balmain helped raise over $500 in donations plus many boxes of food. Santa had his hands full too with over 140 children (and some adults!) posing for photographs.

I had a great time, skipping around in tight elf outfit that revealed a little bit too much, passing candy canes out to shoppers!

What am I doing over the break?
I will be spending Christmas with my family up at the Blue Mountains where I plan to get some awesome gifts (mum, if you're reading this, take note!)
I will also be off work for the month of January, indulging in some of my passions in outdoor adventure. On the cards is a summer climb of Mount Kosciusko, caving and canyoning in Jenolan Caves and a spot of white water rafting. I will be returning after Australia Day full of more stories and interesting info about Balmain and what I got up to in the break.

Next year, I will also be starting a new position within Sarah Lorden Real Estate as the assistant to Cherry Owen and if you are thinking of selling in 2010 you should make sure that you call Cherry or myself for an appraisal. We, as a team, will be a tour-de-force next year and it would be an honor to have you benefit from our future success!

I am wishing you good luck and success in 2010. In Chinese years, it will be the year of the Tiger which means it will be a very lucky and engaging year. The tiger protects us from dangers such as fire and burglary and because the tiger is a wanderer, it will be lucky in 2010 to decorate your home with pictures and artifacts of your travels and adventures.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I will see you in 2010!
Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment